Australia has expertise in business management services including information technology and communications, human resources, e-commerce and strategic planning.
Our sophisticated financial services sector includes deep and liquid financial markets and Australia is known as a regional leader in investment management, infrastructure financing and structured products.
Australia also attracts global brands, who tap into the professional services expertise on offer.
For example Avaya, Canon and IBM have research and development facilities here; Google Maps and Warner Bros have used their Australian facilities to develop digital content for the business and entertainment sectors; Alcatel-Lucent, while Cisco Systems and CSC run global technical assistance centres from Australia.
Meanwhile the Cisco Internet of Everything Innovation Centre has hubs in Perth and Sydney as part of a network of innovative centres worldwide with areas of focus including agriculture, astronomy, resources and smart cities. And Australia also plays a key role in the education, training and development of future leaders across a wide-range of industries.
Major international professional services business events that will take place in Australia include the following:
- International Bar Association Annual Conference, Sydney
- AIPPI World Intellectual Property Congress, Sydney
- International Conference of the Institute of Internal Auditors, Sydney
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals World Quadrennial Congress, Sydney
- Commonwealth Law Conference, Melbourne
- IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Melbourne
- 26th International World Wide Web Conference, Perth
- SIBOS – Swift International Banking Operations Society, Sydney
- The Tax Institute 32nd National Convention, Adelaide
- World Congress of Insurance Law, Melbourne