Catering at Howard Smith Wharves, Brisbane, QLD
Howard Smith Wharves (HSW) has been transformed by an AUD 110 million development project.
What is it?
Howard Smith Wharves (HSW), located in the heart of Brisbane right under the Story Bridge, are wharves originally constructed in the 1930s as a project by the Queensland Government to provide relief work during the depression years.
In 2017 work began on transforming the heritage listed 3.4 hectare site into the precinct that it is today – featuring an Art Series Hotel – the Fantauzzo, event spaces including overwater bars and rooftop terraces, as well its own craft brewery, Felons Brewing Co.
Good to know
- The whole site offers a full liquor licence, so whether you’re planning a cocktail event on the lawn or a sit-down dinner at Bougainvillea House, the team at HSW have you covered.
- Want to own the town? The team at HSW can liaise with Brisbane City Council to customise coloured lights on the Story Bridge to match your event theme.
- Location, location, location…as HSW is situated under Story Bridge, right on the Brisbane river front so much of the site offers panoramic views of the river and city.
It’s very tasty
One of the most critical components to any event is the food and drink. HSW Director of Culinary, David Finlayson has some serious street cred in Australia for working with restaurants including Melbourne’s Chin Chin and Kisume.
Menus featuring produce sourced from Queensland’s best growers and makers are in keeping with the ‘fresh and local’ theme, and you can also take advantage of HSW’s on-site coffee roasters and their brewery, Felons Brewing Co.
HSW are also in the process of developing a permaculture program to cultivate organic produce on site, for use in their menus.
The Fantauzzo Art Series Hotel, Howard Smith Wharves, Brisbane, QLD
It’s a work of art
The luxury on site Art Series Hotel The Fantauzzo, is named after award winning Australian painter Vincent Fantauzzo, renowned for his skill in portraiture. The six-storey 166-suite hotel features original artworks by Fantauzzo throughout. The hotel will also have complimentary art tours, multiple restaurants and a rooftop pool and bar with views of the river.
Howard's Hall, Howard Smith Wharves, Brisbane, QLD
It’s a workhorse
Great location – tick, luxury hotel – tick, delicious food – tick….but what about the event spaces?
Let’s talk shop…
The largest of the HSW venues is Howard’s Hall.
- Features retractable glass windows, internal partitions and two rooftop terraces
- Located right next to the East Lawn, which can be combined for larger events
- 864 seated capacity - 1,164 people for a cocktail style event
East Lawn, one of three lawn spaces at HSW, enables your guests to kick off their shoes and enjoy Australia’s weather.
- Positioned on the riverfront
- 400 seated capacity and 500 people for a cocktail style event
The heritage listed Rivershed is one of four original wharf buildings at HSW, now rejuvenated.
- Features exposed timber beams and has a flexible configuration that can be broken down into two smaller venues
- 480 seated capacity and 630 people for a cocktail style event
Bougainvillea House, Howard Smith Wharves, Brisbane, QLD
HSW has four houses available for venue hire. The first to open and the largest of the four is Bougainvillea House.
- Features a wraparound veranda with elevated views
- 90 seated capacity and 100 people for a cocktail style event
Get in touch
Contact Sally Pulford – Director of Sales
+61 419 202 208